Spring is here! And what better are activities that are budget friendly and allergy friendly?!
This spring, mom’s, dad’s, aunt’s, uncle’s, older siblings, and cousins can enjoy these simple activities with the children in our lives.
The first fun activity is making little baskets from toilet paper rolls, glue, and burlap. Be sure to save one or two toilet paper rolls for the next activity!
To make one basket you will:
- Cut four toilet paper rolls in half length wise, then cut each of those halves in half length wise
- Weave 3×3 squares and glue to secure. Make 3.
- Use one square as the base. The other two squares will be cut in half to create the sides of the basket.
- You should have 1 quarter of a toilet paper roll left. Use this to create the binding seems to glue each piece together.
- Use a piece of burlap, fabric, or an additional toilet paper roll to glue or staple a handle to the basket
- Once the glue is dry, it is ready to paint!
Use the basket to hold spring celebration goodies or surprises from a scavenger hunt! A shout out to Inspired Wraps for picture credit and inspiring this craft idea! Click the finished basket picture to be directed to their etsy or check them out on Instragram @inspiredwraps
The second activity is to make a paper mache flower vase using:
- a lightly inflated balloon: the lightly inflated balloon to seal in the air, cut the band of the balloon tie off. Tuck the tied end into the balloon until you feel the knot on the other side of the balloon. Tie the end of the balloon where you feel the knot inside of the top of the aloof to create a donut shape
- half of a toilet paper roll
- Liquid white glue (elmers)
- News paper
- White tissue paper
- Low odor acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
WikiHow has great step by step instructions: https://wikihow.com/Make-a-Papier-Mâché-Vase
The final activity to do is to make these dairy free almond flour cookies modified from a paleo pie crust recipe.
With the addition of a chocolate egg or Unreal chocolate gem on top these cookies are so delicious and a worry free teat to indulge in.